Adding new sensors yourself, software?

Q&A, Info, discussions regarding Kickstarter & Pre-orders

Moderator: wagner

Adding new sensors yourself, software?

Postby kedas » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 am

Hi,

Assume I would like to add a new sensor with I2C bus.
What or how much would need to be written to be able to log data from it? (Android)
Will there be some developers guide to add new sensors to the expansion ports?
What if I add a pressure sensor (I2C) with a bigger range, will current sensordrone apps be able to use it, what would be needed to make it work.

Will the firmware be upgradable?

You also talked about adding bluetooth 4.0 later, do you mean like in sensordrone 2.0 or just later in development before production.

Is it possible to open it and close it without damaging it?
I see different housing colours, what will be the chosen 'colour', gray?

Thanks
kedas

Re: Adding new sensors yourself, software?

Postby wagner » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Kedas,

All of the software support will be updated over time.
For external sensors or other external modules, there will be guidelines published to develop your project. For I2C, initial functionality will be to have you directly pass I2C commands from the Android level code to the external connector. More functionality will be added later.

At the moment we're really working hard to make sure the platform is as robust as possible for production.

We're looking at BT 4.0 for the fall release, but we're currently hung up on how to handle iphone support because we're stuck in limbo with Apple's MFI approval department. Our final bluetooth solution somewhat hinges on the feedback from Apple, as they have some special requirements.

Our current design is difficult to open/close, but we're looking at modifying the housing design next month to allow this.

The metal we're using now is aluminum. It can be anodized any color. BUT, we're considering going to a stainless steel instead. Everything is Aluminum these days.
wagner

Postby australian_hiker » Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

If Apple demand lots of attention and grovelling, may I suggest you just re-focus on Android please. Apple's attitude is their problem, not ours.

Can the gas sensors be used for oxygen and CO2 in exhaled breath?

When will an updated (and functional) app be released with logging and all sensors?
australian_hiker

Postby Benjamin_L » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:03 pm

+1 for data logging
Benjamin_L

Return to ARCHIVE: Sensordrone Pre-order Discussions